As you progress in your career, you will face more and more
complex and difficult
challenges. Some of these may be daunting - they may involve
the coordination of
many different people, the completion of many tasks in a
precise sequence, and the
expenditure of a great deal of time and money.
This module covers the main principles of project management
and can be tailored to
suit your organisation and unique contextual working needs.
about, understand and use more effectively:
The Principles of Project Management
• ‘Good’ Project Management
• Gannt Charts and Critical Path Analysis
• Time Management Skills such as Drill Down Technique
• Stakeholder Analysis and Management
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Learn how to avoid
the top ten traps of Poor Project Management
Understand the principles of project management.
• Know what ‘good’ management looks like.
• Be able to use a variety of tools to plan project
• Be more aware of the importance of time management
and have tools to
• Use Evaluation and Monitoring procedures more effectively.